Monday 11 April 2011

Gintama 203 – [Wartirine/Warti/Wartise]


Since Gintama is fairly long and fairly random, I will probably resort to blog only selective episodes depending on how much free time I have. Let me start by saying, wowie episode 203 was amazing! In true Gintama fashion this two part arc kicked off the new season at full throttle!

Whereas episode 202 re-introduced the Odd Jobs trio momentarily, this time the focus was on Gintama ‘other half’ – the Shinsengumi. Not longer the police force of Edo, now an empire ruled by the appropriately named Jerkaiser, Okita. Personally I didn’t like the berserk Yamazaki, or find Okita nearly sadistic enough and didn’t believe for a second that that was the real Hijikata. Nevertheless once the insanity was blown up a notch, I was on the floor with laughter and I kid you not.

To be honest I didn’t fathom several of the plot twists, namely that Shinpachi was infected and Gintoki wasn’t. Which I probably should have, if you think back to the eyebrow zombie turning everyone into old men episode in which Gintoki is immune because he is already a useless old man, it stands to reason that he would be immune to an ambition parasite. In short Gin is invincible. At least that’s how I see it.

Verdict: Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment