Friday 17 December 2010

Bootlegs. No fun.


Today was rifled with a disappointing discovery. The drama's & anime that I have purchased from ebay could be bootlegs. This annoys me no end, since I exercised a degree of common sense when searching sellers, avoiding products with entire seasons on one disc, selecting material that stated it was official and licensed, usually flashy digi-packs, all up in smoke in light of one oversight. Region 0 codes are not legitimate. Great.

Just what is the point of purchasing material if its a pirated copy? If you are trying to support official releases but end up lining someone's else's pocket instead. Its frustrating. And since I can't tell whether products are legit or not, it means I won't be making any more purchases from ebay sellers.

For a while I've been scouting around for the Occult Academy boxset (which probably has been released yet, I know). Yesasia and CdJapan had the first couple of volumes up, varying from £30-40 each. If 2 episodes cost £35 not including shipping fees, I dread to think how much the entire series will cost. Ridiculous. Anime fans are being taken for a ride! Its no wonder that people turn to bootleg copies really. The complete season of Occult Academy was offered on ebay for £21 plus the OST. Blatantly a fake, but a hell of a lot more enticing than the official release.

You know, sometimes I think media companies enjoy shooting themselves in the foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment