Sunday 15 May 2011

X-MEN 05 - Unity Power


I don’t buy it one bit. Emma Frost is playing the x-team, one hundred percent. Especially considering that Masterminds powers are illusions. Nope, sorry Emma is as guilty as hell! Unfortunately it seems even Cyclops, the only x-man with a functioning brain, has now been duped. Alright he did get what he asked for, evidence seemingly proving Emma’s innocence with regards to Jean Grey’s death. Of course I remain dubious and Cyclops, rightfully so, remains guarded.

The majority of the episode focused on Hisako, the young girl archetype standard to the x-team franchise for generations. However unlike my all time favourite Rogue, the haughty Shadowcat or even the loveable Jubilee, Hisako is starting to get on my nerves. She can’t control her powers (which are being overplayed) so she gets upset and everyone has to take time out comforting her. Yet Xavier still decides to add her to the team and even including her on dangerous missions. Honestly how useful is Hisako going to be?

In all the episode didn’t deliver as well as it could have. From the preview I was expecting an in depth focus on Emma’s back story, thus introducing many beloved x-faces. Unfortunately I received a very brief walk through within the final fleeting moments and only new x-face shown was Mastermind, with a couple of unimportant figures in the shadows. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this is the x-universe! The anime cast is way too small and here it had the perfect opportunity for some overdue cameos, but nope, nada, zip! I’m going to be hugely disappointed if Magneto doesn’t feature! Another minor dilemma concerned the subbing. David Haller syndrome was referred to as Daemon Hale syndrome. I really hope this was just a typo!

Verdict: Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment